Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Food for Thought

Today is another journal day. I got further than three verses in Hosea today. If you have read this book its heavy reading; God is severely punishing His chosen people. Now if you’re like me I always think of a voice to go along with every narrator, as I was reading I was picturing God in heaven with this big booming voice of punishment. Then I thought of how Hosea must have felt when his adulterous wife had left him. Any punishment to her would not have been this demanding booming sort of punishment. The voice I began to put with God became more of a forlorn depressed sort. I’m sure God wasn’t happy He had to punish His people. Much like I’m positive when we go through tough things today He isn’t happy about it. The more I read the more I could see these words fitting into today. Times really haven’t changed that much. History is great teacher, but we haven’t really learned anything from it.
People look at me and wonder how I can believe in a good God. I’ve been through many trials in my young life that are more difficult than a lot of people will ever go though.  But I look at what I’ve been through and ask them; how can you not believe in a good God? It so obvious He is crying for us to turn to Him and POTS was His way of doing it for me. It made me realize I can’t do anything without Him. And I hope more people with chronic illnesses will realize that! I hope my readers realize this fact as well!
Just some food for thought, thanks for reading!   

0 comments:

Post a Comment